Present era is the time of social networking and chatting sites. Starting from the famous site Orkut to the recent ones such as Viber, there have been a numerous of such sites and applications where people stay online and chat and connect with their friends and family. Distances are narrowed when people have started staying connected with each other. One such messenger service is Telegram. It has its own features and specialties that make it different and unique from many other messenger services and chatting sites. The service was mainly developed for the operation system iOS but with the increasing popularity of Android, it is now available on Google Play store.
Must Read: Get BBM for PC (Windows 7/8/XP)
However, if you do not have an Android device, or if you want to enjoy this service on your PC, then Telegram can also be installed on your Windows based PC.
What’s Is In Telegram – The Features
Though at times it may seem that Telegram is exactly the same as other messaging services such as WhatsApp but there are some distinguishing features of the application.
Must Read: Kik Messenger for PC Free Download
- When you install the application on your smart phone and register with your number, it verifies and connects to the people in your phone list who are using Telegram. This process is simpler and easier in comparison to other chatting applications. Though the feature will not work in your PC but still you can use contact numbers manually to connect to people.
- You can send similes or stickers to your friends with whom you are chatting. You can change your profile picture and also your background image.
- You can see who are online and also who was last online at what time. If you wish, you can even hide your last seen status so that nobody can see your status of being online.
- One more very important feature of the application that is different from other applications is that in other applications you can send files of images, videos of a limited MB. But in Telegram you can send these files up to a size of 1 GB.
Quite interesting, isn’t it?
Usage and Working of Telegram
You can use Telegram in the same way as you use other chatting applications. Install the application on your device and get registered in it with your contact number. If you are using it on smart phone, your contacts will be automatically synced but in case you are using it on PC, you have to enter individual contact numbers. This is the only difference in phone and PC, else every other feature is same.
How To Download Telegram for PC
Getting Telegram for PC is quite easy and hassle free.
- Get BlueStacks and install it on your PC.
Must Read: Get Hike for PC Free
- Search for the application Telegram in BlueStacks using 1Mobile or Amazon Store and click on the icon to install in on your PC.
- After the application of Telegram is installed, open “My Applications” from BlueStacks and click on the icon to start the application.
In case you have the APK file of Telegram, you don’t need to download the application from marketplace. Just open the APK file using file handler and it’ll get installed automatically.